Protest picture... need lots of opinions

cszakolczai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I like this picture, but I am not sure if the blurryness (I don't even think thats a real word) takes away from the image or not. I wanted to show the movement of the person but don't know if it was overdone or not.

Story behind the image is its a group in Bulgaria protesting the governments corruption. The group is known as Ataka and the flag the man is wrapped in is the Bulgarian flag. Let me know what you think, I am thinking of entering this into a competition, but I don't want to do it if the image isn't worthy...

protestfinal.jpg

Chris

For me the moment was nice, so we can skip the blur

It might work if the viewers know the story, or you can explain it, otherwise, while it's a strong image, I'm not sure it has enough weight, however, enter it anyway, what have you got to lose?

The blur would have been effective if only the people were affected and the buildings and backgrounds where sharp, but the blur just makes it look like a lousy picture.

Yeah I really with either the foreground (the man) or the background (the people) were clear and in focuse

yeah I agree with you all, it really sucks, because I wanted to get some motion behind him and I actually got the rest of the pictures how I wanted but as I was turning my back I snapped this one, so you have the motion from the people, and also the fact I was twisting which really is unfortunate. I wonder if I made it black and white if that would help...
protestfinalblackandwhite-1.jpg

Last edited:
You know, I kind of like the movement. In high school, I entered a picture that I had taken with the same kind of idea and won an honorable mention. I had been at a rally for the boston red sox (baseball team if anyone doesn't know) and it was in the middle of boston on a big screen. I lowered my shutter and snapped the picture when everyone was jumping up and screaming after a home run. My teacher loved the colors and the movement. .and apparently the scholastic arts people loved it too :)

You know, I kind of like the movement. In high school, I entered a picture that I had taken with the same kind of idea and won an honorable mention. I had been at a rally for the boston red sox (baseball team if anyone doesn't know) and it was in the middle of boston on a big screen. I lowered my shutter and snapped the picture when everyone was jumping up and screaming after a home run. My teacher loved the colors and the movement. .and apparently the scholastic arts people loved it too :)

Thanks for the comment, I think I'm going to enter it for sh*ts and giggles. Its a pretty big competition but who knows maybe someone will like it. Thats the thing about the picture, I know its out of focus but something always makes me look at that guys face and think... wow.

It is a picture with a strong feeling following the event. I'm sure it has a lot of meaning but the blur can only allow me to look at the image for a short time. Just my oppinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back