Proud new owner of a Nikon D7100

ByronBrant

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My old D300 was showing its age. The wife FINALLY gave me the green light to replace it. It was a tuff decision between getting a second D600 or the D7100.
In the end the D7100 won out for use with my Sigma 50-500.
The camera will be here tomorrow. I'm so excited

Congrats, the D7100 is in my eyes still the best crop sensor camera in the market today.
I thought for a second the 7D II will be much better and it is better in lower light but the D7100 will produce much sharper images and I think overall for general use its the best crop sensor camera to buy.
I used to own it for more then a year, the pictures this baby produced were just wonderful and I think you will really like its 51 AF point system, owning now the D750 I can tell you there really isn't a huge difference between these 2 AF systems, and while not as good in low light as an FX body it is still very good and very impressive.
You are going to be very happy :)

Congrats again and enjoy your new baby in good health

The TPF Motto for New Gear is:

Pix, or it never happened!

party0049.gif

Last edited:
:chuncky: I just opened the thread to check is there is FX mention in goodguy's post :allteeth::allteeth:

:chuncky: I just opened the thread to check is there is FX mention in goodguy's post :allteeth::allteeth:
LOL, sorry I am an easily excited man and I was dreaming for so long on getting FX body, once I did I must admit its hard for me to stop being on 7th heaven :angel:
It will go away (eventually) and then I will start dreaming of Medium Format :biggrin-new:

Yea, the name choice was poor. Wonder if a moderator could change it?

Moderators usually cannot, but admin can.

I think you made a good choice, the D7100 is very nice. congrats

Congrats on the upgrade.
You'll like the camera. I wonder what you think of moving from the pro button layout to the Enthusiast button layout.

Oddly, Nikonusa's website has the d7100 for less than the d7000. $949 vs $999.

Congrats on the upgrade.
You'll like the camera. I wonder what you think of moving from the pro button layout to the Enthusiast button layout.

Oddly, Nikonusa's website has the d7100 for less than the d7000. $949 vs $999.
I have gotten used to the controls on the D600. The D7100 is pretty similar to it. I do love the D300 & it's easy access to all needed controls. But I'm done waiting on the D400.

Congratulations

Congrats, the d7100 is a great camera!

I've found having a digital copy of the manual handy. I put a copy in my dropbox folder so I can bring it up on my phone or whatever computer I'm at.

I also do the same for my flash and SB700.

Congrats, the d7100 is a great camera!

I've found having a digital copy of the manual handy. I put a copy in my dropbox folder so I can bring it up on my phone or whatever computer I'm at.

I also do the same for my flash and SB700.

I just copy all my user manuals directly to the phone so I can call them up any time any where..... no service is needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back