Proud new owner of a Nikon D7100

the weather sealing really seems to work. I have shot mine in the rain and in the other day in the snow. wipe it of with a towel. still seems to work.
so I can say that much.

FedEx has it. Will be here tomorrow!!

Congrats! How do you like it so far?

What made you choose the D7100 over the D600? I currently have the D7100 but am considering selling it and getting the D600.

Congrats! How do you like it so far?

What made you choose the D7100 over the D600? I currently have the D7100 but am considering selling it and getting the D600.
I decided that the better compliment to my D600 would be the D7100. Rather than 2 D600's.
I am liking the D7100 a lot. But if I could only have one camera. The D600 would be the one. More dynamic range, better high ISO performance, & bigger buffer.

Last edited:
I kept my d7000 when I got my d600
I used to use my d7000 alot but over time I've found out that it "seems" that the picture quality, even when I have to crop alot, seems better with the d600. So I've been mulling whether to keep the d7000.

Congrats!! I love mine and will swear by it... all day e'ry day! :p

Been out of town dealing with family in the hospital. But I will have a more detailed review by this w/e I'm hoping.

I kept my d7000 when I got my d600
I used to use my d7000 alot but over time I've found out that it "seems" that the picture quality, even when I have to crop alot, seems better with the d600. So I've been mulling whether to keep the d7000.

Thats an interesting dilema, I think to have FX and DX bodies has its advantages if you need a camera to give you that extra reach and in the case of the D600/610 a slightly better AF system.
I needed the money when I moved from the D7100 to the D750 so I couldnt keep the D7100 but looking back if money wasnt an issue would I still keep the D7100 ?
If I would have kept it I wouldnt have used it, other then the extra reach which isnt a big deal for me, as I was expecting the D7100 has no advantage for me over the D750.
For those who do nature or day light sports the D7100 can be a nice addition and help but other then that it would just collect dust for me.

When I sold my D7000 to fund my second D600, I thought I had forever forsaken DX.

But then the Tamzooka came along, and I thought, "Gee, this would be a great lens on a DX body." So I bought a D7100 to marry it to and have not regretted that purchase one itty-bitty bit.

When I sold my D7000 to fund my second D600, I thought I had forever forsaken DX.

But then the Tamzooka came along, and I thought, "Gee, this would be a great lens on a DX body." So I bought a D7100 to marry it to and have not regretted that purchase one itty-bitty bit.

Oh dont get me wrong the D7100 is in my eyes still best crop sensor camera in the market, the 7D II still has some question marks about it for me to say its better then the D7100 and its definitly not as sharp as the D7100.
The NX-1 would probably be better if not for a serious problem focusing in low light which I think makes this camera a step in the right direction but still not a substitute for a crop sensor camera.
I LOVE the D7100 but for me its just a step back, as I said if you do have the use for the crop factor this is still the best you can get and for a very resonable price.

Most reactions

Back