Proud New Rebel Owner

Cbcgf85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a proud new owner of a Canon EOS Rebel XSi. I got it 2 days ago. I came here looking for tips on learning to use it & of course to make some new friends.

Sorry, I didn't even post my name. I'm Becky. This is my first SLR. I'm very new to this but there is so much I want to learn. I plan to purchase a new lens in the near future. Right now I'm just using the one that came with it. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, just got it 3 days ago. I'm planning on taking it out this weekend and taking some pictures.

You should look into getting a book called Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson. Its a highly recommened book on this forum. Most people will tell you to read a lot and just get out and shoot away. Welcome aboard.

From one XSI owner to another, welcome!

I highly highly recommend the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. It was recommended to me when I started, I picked it up and really liked it. Well written, easy to understand...

Ditto and don't be in a rush to replace that kit lens until it no longer is capable of doing what you want it to do. Unless you have money to burn! :lmao:

Welcome! I have the Rebel XS and can say that those Rebels are good cameras

Greetings Becky. We own a Rebel XTi and have enjoyed it. It is still our fast grab camera when we need to shoot pics that a point and shoot just can't do. The Nikon is still in training. I wish we had your warm weather. Gulf Shores is our favorite beach destination. Are you near there or are you more inland?

Thanks everyone! I will definitely look into the book. I've been doing a lot of online reading. I live in a small town so there isn't any photography classes around here.

pcacj: I'm more inland, about an hour east of Birmingham.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the purchase, Im thinking about buying the same camera.

Hello Becky
Glad to see you here, there is plenty to learn and lots here who will help you to do so.

I also am a Canon owner and am very happy.
Which kit lens do you have? I have been happy with the 18-55mm kit lens I got with mine.

pbelarge: I have the 15-55mm as well. I'm very interested in photographing things in nature, such as birds, which is why I'm wanting a better lens. I will probably wait a while before getting one. I need to learn my camera a little before investing anymore.

I'm hoping to get out this weekend and "play" with it some. There is a place called "DeSoto Caverns" not too far from where I live, hoping to go and take some pictures. All I've really done with it so far is take some pictures of my pets.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back