PS actions question

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Dmitri, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think not but I need to ask: is there a way to 'personalize' actions, for example, have a dialog box come up and ask for a number which can then be used on something else?

Ugh hard to explain.. Like, if I wanted to increase the canvas size by X amount (variable depending on the size of the photo). It would throw up a dialog box for the X, then use the user input number to incrtease canvas amount by.

Hope that made sense :banghead:

2. AncientSnapper

AncientSnapper TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the answer is no - that's why one can write Scripts (if one is clever enough!)

3. GwagDesigns

GwagDesigns TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    you can check the boxes next to the actions after you have recorded it, which will allow you do do such a thing. you could have a string of actions and then if you wanted to resize something it would pause, until you entered the size and hit enter. in the same way I have an action i made which will pause for each picture and let me crop it how i want before continuing with the rest of the steps and saving.

[​IMG]

4. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ohh ok, thanks Gwag! Ijust loaded up the ole PS and I see what you mean. I'll have to play with it more later, but hopefully that'll help out. :cheers: