PS and a raw Deal ...

Make sure that your version of PS has the latest version of Camera RAW...just go to the Adobe website and download the newest version of you don't have it.

PS CS2 should be able open RAW files via a RAW converter...which allows you to make some adjustments and set some options. You can then work on the files and save them in whatever file type you preffer...PSD, TIFF, J-PEG etc.

Yep you have to download a plug in, the 300D works automatically with PS CS2, but the 350D doesn't.

Here ya go:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2931

Adobe website download for RAW (350D) plugin for CS2!!! Enjoy.

Have you used the software that came with the camera yet? I haven't installed mine yet because I'm too lazy - but I think I'll try that one day.

Thanks bundles Meysha .....

I have loaded up the broswer thingy and the raw thingy ... but the raw one is a bit of a mystery to me and it doesn't seem to have what I want in it. it's ok to view an image but apart from that it only converts to a jpg.

The ZoomBrowser EX is ok ... but it's like everything ... taking a little time to get used to it.

Just like he camera itself. Hope that the ones I posted so far are ok the feet, the fox and swan etc.

What did you want to be able to do in the RAW editor?

I find that I just do a little bit of tweaking in the RAW mode and then I convert it to TIFF and finish editing it in photoshop.

You can't do everything in the raw editor - you can change white balance, temperature, exposure, brightness ummm and there's prolly other stuff I've forgotten (see I hardly ever use raw). But then you have to convert the file to a more 'normal' type, like jpeg/tiff whatever, to import it into photoshop to finish editing it.

Does that make sense?

Actually it made plenty of sense ...

I wanted the Raw editor to be like PS CS2 more .. but that was hoping. But I think I am going to do all my football work (where speed is the most important) as jpg. ... then the RAW will be saved for times I want to have more time to play around with photos.

I took three shot today using the RAW and jpg format and the raw files were huge !

So I plumbed for converting them in the raw editor and then playing in PS. THe little steps one I posted earlier is converted from a raw and then PS bordered only.

Thanks for the help anyway ... now I have d/l the PS plugin I'll have to use it and see how it goes.

Again Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back