PS or no PS

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took this pics on my morning hike today, and since I have learned a bit with PS I thought I would play with this one a bit.. which do you prefer??

1... original pic
vert00093DSC_8746.jpg

2.. . PS version
vert00095vert0009DSC_8746bbcc.jpg

Thanks for looking!

i like both but the first has me looking for a place to land. the second shot emphasizes the mushroom, giving me a focal point. very nice PS work!

Definatly like the PS version more, it is much stronger IMO. Nice work.

I much prefer the first one, the extra colour of the leaves completes the picture.

I think the ps version emphasises more of the fungi and less of a distraction from the leaves, #2 for me!

good work on the second one. I agree with the others comments, the textures on the the mushroom seem to stand out more, and it simplifies the pictures. The second one could also probably work in b/w

I like it better without the leaves, though as some have already said, its lacking a bit of colour that way. but since you are photoshoping the image, why don't you spice up the colour of those leaves in the background a little bit? :)

ow, you know what could have also done? bent those leaves out of the picuture with one hand, while making the shot with your other ;)

&Denekamp said:
ow, you know what could have also done? bent those leaves out of the picuture with one hand, while making the shot with your other ;)

cool idea bud, but I was about 8 feet away for this shot with a 300mm lens.. arms are not long enough!

I like to leave things natural, as it is in all my shoots if possible.. but maybe some electrical tape might have come in handy!

thanks &Denekamp]ow

I love the first one. The second one is good too, but I agree the green adds a nice touch of color

I prefer the first. Im not a massive fan of PS...

But if you were to use it, could you not just darken the leaves or emphasise the funghi?

Does it have to be all or nothing?

The first one I like better. More color, and more balanced. All that black in the second one just doesn't help anything out in it.

Maybe if you just cleaned the junk off of the leaves it would do wonders for it.

Thanks again everyone.. I like the Idea of just darkening the colour of the leaves.. when I take my layers lesson with Z- I will ask about how 2 do that..

Shaking the wood dust off the leaves would be a great idea too. Never thought of that at the time!

Here is the latest version, thanks for all of your comments!

vert00119DSC_8746b.jpg

I tuned up my monitor with Conk's help, so now I can see what I am working on!! Thanks Conk!

Most reactions

Back