PS4 vs. Xbox One

Big gamer, mostly RPG stuff and some racing.

I did have a 360 since launch but this time I switched to PS4 and so far I am very happy. First off the ps4 is more powerful so things look a bit nicer. Secondly there are some better exclusive to the ps4. Lastly I like the PS4 because I don't feel like I am being sold something every time I turn the damn thing on. The xbox is terrible for selling ad space every chance it gets. The ps4 only has adds once you get into the store section.

But look me up if folks want to play or just shoot the ****. PSN ID: runnah skoocum

Let me know if you plan on getting BO3.

Played the beta, not for me. I am more the "exploring open worlds" type gamer.

That said I do like the the Battlefield series, because tanks.

Do you have BF4? I also have Hardline and barely touched it. Most often I complete the campain before messing around with anything else. Not with Hardline :(

I have neither. I might pick up BF4 as it's pretty cheap. I've mostly been playing Metal Gear Solid 5, the Witcher 3 and Batman whatever.

Check this out if you get a chance.
:tongueout:

Socom was the game that go me hooked on that kind of tactitcal stuff.
My brother-in-law is a police officer and loved Socom. He tried to get me into it, but I think I was into another game at the time, which I can't remember for the life of me. And because of that, I never tried it. It was also on Playstation, which I couldn't ever get a handle on FPS games for consoles rather than PC. (Although, I did have a fairly long stint playing COD: Black Ops on the Xbox360 when that came out.)

Come to think of it, most of the games I've played on the Playstation consoles have been car-related (I love me some Gran Turismo), Grand Theft Auto, or Metal Gear Solid, and almost all of the games I've played on my desktop have been FPS.

Although, Age of Empires II (I believe it was version II) and Command and Conquer: Red Alert were two of my favorite PC games for a very, very long time. Along with the SimCity series.

I have neither. I might pick up BF4 as it's pretty cheap. I've mostly been playing Metal Gear Solid 5, the Witcher 3 and Batman whatever.
Been watching gameplay on MGS5 and played the beta prelogue or whatever it's called. That one is tempting also. Does it have a coop campaign? I think there is a second character someone can play.

Age of Empires II
Ahahaha, I laughed way too hard at this meme...

194165.jpg

My brother-in-law is a police officer and loved Socom. He tried to get me into it, but I think I was into another game at the time, which I can't remember for the life of me. And because of that, I never tried it. It was also on Playstation, which I couldn't ever get a handle on FPS games for consoles rather than PC. (Although, I did have a fairly long stint playing COD: Black Ops on the Xbox360 when that came out.)

Come to think of it, most of the games I've played on the Playstation consoles have been car-related (I love me some Gran Turismo), Grand Theft Auto, or Metal Gear Solid, and almost all of the games I've played on my desktop have been FPS.

Although, Age of Empires II (I believe it was version II) and Command and Conquer: Red Alert were two of my favorite PC games for a very, very long time. Along with the SimCity series.

My favorite racing game is MotorStorm Pacific Rift. The graphics, vehicle types and maps are incredible.

My favorite racing game is MotorStorm Pacific Rift. The graphics, vehicle types and maps are incredible.
I totally remember that. Wasn't there also a dirt bike / ATV game out around that time, as well? Or am I thinking late 90's/early or mid-2000's? It was a go-anywhere type game--you weren't kept on a course. I just looked up ATV Offroad Fury, and while that rings a bell, I don't think that's what I'm thinking of?

I totally remember that. Wasn't there also a dirt bike / ATV game out around that time, as well? Or am I thinking late 90's/early or mid-2000's? It was a go-anywhere type game--you weren't kept on a course. I just looked up ATV Offroad Fury, and while that rings a bell, I don't think that's what I'm thinking of?

Yuppers - motorcycles, atvs, rally car, mud plugger, monster truck, buggys, cab of 18 wheeler. It's crazy. lol

Been watching gameplay on MGS5 and played the beta prelogue or whatever it's called. That one is tempting also. Does it have a coop campaign? I think there is a second character someone can play.

Not that i've seen. It's really all about the single player. There is an online mode shoehorned in that I haven't even touched yet.

Yuppers - motorcycles, atvs, rally car, mud plugger, monster truck, buggys, cab of 18 wheeler. It's crazy. lol

That's crazy. Not only that you can be in the cab of an 18 wheeler, but that someone put together over 3 hours of footage for almost every map, haha.

That's crazy. Not only that you can be in the cab of an 18 wheeler, but that someone put together over 3 hours of footage for almost every map, haha.

It's pretty cool. You can take snapshots of crashes or high flying jumps during gameplay and use them as ps4 thems or share them etc. Nuts what can be done with it all.

It's pretty cool. You can take snapshots of crashes or high flying jumps during gameplay and use them as ps4 thems or share them etc. Nuts what can be done with it all.

That's pretty neat. I'm so out of gaming lately. I need to get back into it!

That's pretty neat. I'm so out of gaming lately. I need to get back into it!

Another form of entertainment to keep us out of trouble :). Wifey plays too. We do split screen with Call of Duty, we've played Socom together coop (different rooms with headsets on - you can hear "OH SHIZNICK I'M DOWN" from the other room LOL. She also will play a round or two of golf with me. Most guys are impressed and even jealous that she plays with me instead of giving hell for playing. :)

Most reactions

Back