PSP X3 raw images

jacsul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I recently purchased corel PSP-X3 and I've noticed issues with the camera raw files, the images seem to come through washed out even when shot underexposed. I'm Shooting with an E-620.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Jack

Washed out compared to what?

The in-camera previews, and the software that shipped with your camera both are probably applying default settings to the RAW preview.

When you load them into PSP, it's just the bare RAW with nothing done to it. There is probably a way to make it apply presets upon import to PSP (I don't use that program, so I don't know how to set that up...), but RAWs looking pretty plain before you touch them isn't really a problem.

On these 3 images no adjustments were made:
Ist image is done in oly master (came with camera).
olymaster.jpg

2nd is done with PSP X-2 ultimate.
pspx2ult.jpg

3rd is done with PSP X-3
psp3orf.jpg

There has no sharpness, noise removal, saturation or anything else done, just developed.

Any thoughts

On one of the PSP menus to the far left near the bottom is Colour Management. That is where you set the program brightness, contrast etc. to match what you see on the monitor. Make those adjustments and you should be fine. In this case you would lower the brightness and reduce contrast.

skieur

Didn't work. Says enable colour management box, tried them all, no help

Didn't work. Says enable colour management box, tried them all, no help

OK, I will try to be clearer. Go down to colour management and of the three choices there pick monitor calibration and go through the steps on the screens provided.

Hope I explained it better!

skieur

Still didn't work. :x

Still didn't work. :x

OK, explain. Did you make adjustments?...higher or lower? Are you using an LCD monitor? Are you using Windows on a PC?

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back