Psssst.... Wanna get into shooting film........ for FREE?

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Then have I got a deal for you!
My_custom_Emoticon.gif

I accidentally committed to buying two Pentax K1000s with 50mm lenses, so I decided I'd offer one of them up to anyone here on the forum who would like to get into shooting film.

K100020220lens20Kit.jpg

You might end up getting a working Pentax K1000 with a 50mm f/2 SMC lens! This camera was responsible for getting lots of people of my, shall we say, 'vintage', into photography. When I received it, it suffered from the dreaded 'Dead Meter Syndrome', but I was able to repair the issue.... a corroded connection at the battery chamber. It also sports a new battery, so all you'll need is a roll or two of film and you're all set.

So, if you're serious about shooting film, send me a PM and let me know you're interested. I want to send this to someone who wants to use it,....... not sell it on ebay for lunch money. I'll even pay for US shipping. If you live outside the US, I might ask that you chip in a bit to help pay for shipping.

If more than one member is interested, I'll decide who will get it by a random drawing. I'll keep this offer open until Dec. 26th so everyone has an opportunity to see it.

Cheers!
Emoticonbeercheer.gif

Super camera and super generous of you. I love mine.

That was my dream camera in 1977!

A much loved, and quite coveted camera for those new to film!

Take it seriously, this is a great opportunity.:)

A much loved, and quite coveted camera for those new to film!

Take it seriously, this is a great opportunity.:)

Totally agree. Easy and FUN to use, and helps you learn about the exposure triangle. Super sharp lens.

Great offer! If I didn't have my Minolta, I'd be in for sure!

Someone should jump on this.

Agreed, someone needs to jump on this. I can vouch personally for the fabulousness that is the K1000 :)

You should offer something less harmful...like meth.

Teach your children photography at an early age. So when they grow up, they won't have any money for drugs.

If I were just starting, I'd jump on this in a heartbeat.

Teach your children photography at an early age. So when they grow up, they won't have any money for drugs.

Because they will be broke from spending all their money on equipment or because they cannot find employment?

Bump!

Aaaaaaand...
If @480sparky is ok with it (since this is his donation) I would like to add a little something extra to this offer.

I thought I had some leftover pentax stuff lying around in a box somewhere, and I was right.

So..pending approval, I will throw in a tou/five star 75-200 f/4.5 macro lens (well, 1:4 macro)
It's a pentax k mount, of course.
Aperture works perfectly, lens is clean, minot bit of dust, but nothing that will interfere with photography.
It's a push-pull, which functions perfectly. No oil on blades. Glass is clean. Comes with a front lens cap.

696b5413a79c5d83c184c18060e6ea75.jpg

e91e0fc1178fdd893d8d5ee193e10d26.jpg

14112fcde0872b3f45f533ebb225cf8a.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back