Public School Help!

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello TPF

Well I really dont know what to do now to help out my photography teacher and all the photo classes at my school so I decided to post the problem here.

The problem: Basicly one of the capcitors in the flash box from out studio blew out and scorched some of the box. Speedotron (will get more details) said it would cost $500 just to repair it! Whats sad is our school can't afford to fix this flash box or buy a new one. My school has a nice studio too along with big softboxes and 2 strobes with a huge backdrop. Does anyone know where we can get something like this fixed a lot cheaper or does anyone have a one they can sell for cheap? If you have any ideas or comments please post or email me at [email protected]. If you would like to talk to my photography teacher as well I can get you his contact.

The box we currently have is something like this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...019&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

it is probobly that model.

Thanks
-Phil

Have a bake sale or car wash and try and raise the money!!

ya we sorta do that stuff but more in the field like we make tshirts and stuff but it would take about 2 years of doing that to get enough money.

Im sorry then, got nothing else for yeah, best of luck though, it will work out in the end!

Go to costco and buy boxs and boxs of candy (recess, snickers, twix, skittles etc...) and buy a bunch of big plastic bags. The candy costs about $10 for 30 bars so you make $20 off every box. Give everyone in the class a variety bag of candy to sell. I sell candy at my school (for myself) and make profit of around $100 a week. If you had a class of people doing that you could really rake in some money pretty fast.

Try and be a little discreet when you sell it tho as most schools in the U.S. have banned candy and all that bad for you food. So basically don't make a sale infront of the administrators. I keep my candy in a lunch bag which keeps it nice and cool, you might want to try that too if you guys have some lunch bags at home.

Good luck fixing it.

Most reactions

Back