Public Still LIfe

Very cool Lenny - I'm trying to decide on the papers by the chair. I almost think it might be better without them, but I'm not sure...

Very cool Lenny - I'm trying to decide on the papers by the chair. I almost think it might be better without them, but I'm not sure...

Yeah, I went back and forth about them, too. I decided that I liked them more than I didn't. Everything else is so sort of clean lines and then the chair breaks the pattern, but it still ends up being almost sterile. I think the papers add a bit of a story to what could otherwise be a picture simply about graphical elements. Kind of draws you in beyond just the visual arrangement.

Yep, the papers tell a story and convert the photo from only a design study to an invitation to speculate about human behavior and experience. I've been to that convention. I was expected to go. I dragged myself over in the morning for their lousy lukewarm coffee and muffins to hear the opening address (cause my boss was going to be there). They handed me that same stack of paper, pamphlets, and propaganda. I ditched it first chance I got when the boss wasn't looking.

Nice photo.

Joe

Love it. Keep the papers!!!!

Yep, the papers tell a story and convert the photo from only a design study to an invitation to speculate about human behavior and experience. I've been to that convention. I was expected to go. I dragged myself over in the morning for their lousy lukewarm coffee and muffins to hear the opening address (cause my boss was going to be there). They handed me that same stack of paper, pamphlets, and propaganda. I ditched it first chance I got when the boss wasn't looking.

Nice photo.

Joe

Love the story :)

Love it. Keep the papers!!!!

Very nice, I really like it. I like the papers too

Danke!

Love the papers but the chair has to go. ;)

Oh, I really like it. So much that it's been nominated.

Super image. What rig did you shoot it with?

Super image. What rig did you shoot it with?

Thanks! It was the usual suspects: K1000 and HP5. I can't remember if this was my Vivitar 28mm or Pentax 50mm. I suspect it was the 28mm because I was carrying it in my regular bag and didn't feel like fussing with other lenses.

Love the shadows,Screw the chair and the papers.:icon_mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back