Public Still LIfe

Papers have to stay, otherwise it is far too sterile...but on the other hand, as Tevye might say, the sterile content (sans the papers) might also accentuate the dominance of the shadows. I think you called it the way you saw it, and either or, it's still a very fine piece.

I think the whiteness of the papers throws a little chaos into the blacks and grays of the rest of the photo. It would just become repetition of shadow without them.

Papers have to stay, otherwise it is far too sterile...but on the other hand, as Tevye might say, the sterile content (sans the papers) might also accentuate the dominance of the shadows. I think you called it the way you saw it, and either or, it's still a very fine piece.

I think the whiteness of the papers throws a little chaos into the blacks and grays of the rest of the photo. It would just become repetition of shadow without them.

Thank you both for the feedback! (And sorry it took me so long, bulldurham - I wasn't ignoring you but just haven't been on much and didn't see your post! :) )

Most reactions

Back