Published!

forzaF1

Ultimate Ferrari Tifosi
Reaction score
Website
johnburrowphotography.fotki.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a letter in the mail stating that my photo will be published in a new book called "Endless Journeys" and is a semi-finalist in the "International Open Amateur Photo contest." To tell you the truth, I'm pretty surprised. The grand prize is $10,000, so I'm really hoping and praying that those judges are having a good day when my photo is judged
wink.gif

-John

Here is the pic...

Attachments

• $DSC_0158.JPG.jpg
    $DSC_0158.JPG.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 122
Congratulations! That is exciting news. Man, I could sure spend $10,000 extra!

Keep us posted. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck on the finals.:thumbup:

Congratulations. What are you gonna get with the money (assuming you win!)??

this wasn't from picture.com was it? bc lots of people have this happen (i'm not trying to steal your glory or anything, but i would be wary if i were you) also, don't buy anything from them.

i had a photo chosen for that too . . . i called them and asked them to remove my photograph from their site and to not publish it, it seemed too fishy. look at this thread and see if its similar to what your experiencing

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80865&highlight=picture.com+scam

this wasn't from picture.com was it? bc lots of people have this happen (i'm not trying to steal your glory or anything, but i would be wary if i were you) also, don't buy anything from them.

i had a photo chosen for that too . . . i called them and asked them to remove my photograph from their site and to not publish it, it seemed too fishy. look at this thread and see if its similar to what your experiencing

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80865&highlight=picture.com+scam

Google 'Endless Journey' and picture.com. It's the same. Sorry there mate, I think you're being scammed. Did they ask you to pay anything yet?

pascal

(oh, I just realized that some recent posts went missing, so maybe you already know this. If so: forget my post)

so how did they know what your address was and that you had taken that particular photo??

Google 'Endless Journey' and picture.com. It's the same. Sorry there mate, I think you're being scammed. Did they ask you to pay anything yet?

pascal

(oh, I just realized that some recent posts went missing, so maybe you already know this. If so: forget my post)

They haven't asked for any money...yet.

so how did they know what your address was and that you had taken that particular photo??
I entered a photography contest on their website. With the letter, they included the form I had to initial to prove it was my photo. I already sent that in just in case.

Yeah, watch the scammers. They'll tell you, "you didn't win but have great potential, sign up here", or "Please submit your entry fee of $". Plenty of them out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back