Puff and slurp this morning 58K warning

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Youngsparrow-1.jpg

The youngsters are finding their own way in the world - sparrow that still likes to be fed
YoungCockrobin.jpg

And the robin from the first hatch
Robinfeeder.jpg

Strange the effect of the light on overall colour - comes from using an auto mode in RAW conversion.
Cocksparra.jpg

One neat cock sparrow.
Scruffysparrow.jpg

And one showing signs of wear!
Goinggrey.jpg

As is the blackbird going grey - still feeding youngsters.
Inquisitavebluetit.jpg

BTitperch.jpg

And the ever present blue tits to entertain.
Makes the exile to the garage for a puff on the pipe with the post breakfast coffee bearable.

All those little garden birds ... they are so cute, and we don't normally see them in all this detail, unless photographed against very blurred out neutral backgrounds. Lovely!!

Very nice to get in so close and see so much detail. The grain is a little distracting for me and perhaps that auto mode is a bit unfortunate, but that first young robin is so cute as are the tits.

tim

Nice series, Fangman - it's always enjoyable to see such nice closeups.

How far away from the birds are you usually? I have a great variety of birds coming to my feeders (cardinals, sparrows, goldfinches, chickadees, etc) and I would love to take pictures, but if I even go up to the window they fly away. If I sit very still, sometimes the chickadees will come, but that's maybe 15-20 feet away.

Very nice! I wish we had more little birds like that.

The bird tables - both with perches attached are about 6ft away from the window and the feeder about 7 or 8ft suspended from a silver birch with trunk 12-14 ft away. I normally shoot through a half open window at the back of my garage but I find if the glass is clean and you shoot at a slight angle there is very little loss of definition or reflection from the fill-in flash. Ideally the window is open - pivots so I have two vertical gaps and tables and feeders were positioned to match. Just don't tell "local management" how much I spend on food to tempt them!

I'll have to try that half-open window trick sometime! Maybe in my new house I'll set up the bird feeders especially for picture-taking.

Most reactions

Back