pull the plug

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot I took a couple of days ago... I hope you like it and furthermore I'm looking to get tips on how to improve the shot...

thank you for looking

unpluggedguit.jpg

I think you have the focus a bit off on the body, I would've put it more on the person but hey, its just a matter of opinion...

Its a nice picture :)

Well actually the focus is deliberately held on the plug, and I wanted to keep the body out of focus...

Great shot, I like the concept and love the depth of field.

There is one thing that bothers me with the image though. The back half of the photo feels a little overexposed. The plug is spot on, but some of the cord disappears and the white thing on the guitar is a little hot. Also the background is glowing white. I'd like to see the photo about half a step darker. (Though with this particular shot that might mess up other things and some dodge/burn may be in order instead.)

thank you for the input! :) I really appreciate it! the lighting in this shot was a bit tricky I agree!

I also like it. One thing that popped out at me is that it looks like the subject is missing his foot. So it might be a posing thing. Perhaps he should turn his foot out to the right a bit?

Most reactions

Back