Puppy Lovin

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Meysha, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is my gorgeous puppy, Sooty. He's about 5 months old now and he's my new model. I just got my Canon 350D a day ago but he's the only thing sorta interesting until I can get out of the house!

[​IMG]

2. Awww he's such a little poser!
    [​IMG]

3. "Look at my big stick! I can bite it!!"
    [​IMG]

4. And here's a cute blooper than just made me laugh. He came up and gave me a big lick after I took that. Such a cutie.
    [​IMG]

Please feel free to critique. I'm still learning my way around the camera so any helpful hints would be appreciated. :hug::

2. cbay

cbay TPF Noob!

I love these pictures, the dog is amazing!! Keep up the good Work, how did you do the frames??

3. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks. He's so different to our old dog - that unfortunately we had to put down because he was a complete psycho and was attacking us. Mum almost had to get stitches when he took a chunk out of her arm. Chutney (the old dog) was incredibly independant and didn't want to have anything to do with us. Not a nice doggy. So this new one is a lot lot lot nicer and so different! Sooty just loves to be around us and jumps into our lap and falls asleep and licks us alllllll over! And he loves to play with us. He's sort of like a cat in the way he does stuff - it's so strange.

I created an action in Photoshop (just hit the create new action button and then the record button).

1. Then I chose Image -> Canvas Size and made sure Relative was selected. Then I changed the numbers to read 5 pixels each. Set the colour as black. Hit OK
    2. Then I did that step again but set the pixels to 2. Set the colour to white. Hit Ok.
    3. Then again, but I chose 30 Pixels this time, and set the colour to black. Hit Ok.
    4. Then hit stop on the action recording.

Then I can just hit play on that action and it'll put a border on anything, and then I can just change the colour of the white part of the border by using the fill bucket.

4. Niki

Niki TPF Noob!

What a handsomie! Great pics too, love them all. :D

5. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Niki!
    Here are some more I just took while we were playing in my room and then outside!

In that last one he got a little tired and just wanted a lie down but he really wanted to keep playing with his stick.

Attached Files:

6. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    niiiiiiiccccccceeeeeee doggie!! so cute!! like the last thumbnail pic the best!

7. M @ k o

M @ k o TPF Noob!

I love those Jack Russells. Adorable photos Meysha. Frame #2. Thanks for tip toe... I mean tip too on your framing techique.

8. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah jack russells are the greatest (and they know it too!) They've just got so much personality and energy yet every single one I've met has been incredibly different.

Thanks for your comments guys - they've really done a lot for his self-esteem. He's been having a bit of a complex at the moment because his back legs are growing fast than his front legs... and it makes it hard for him to sit (coz it turns into a drop). He was a little embarrased to put up #2 because of that fact. :lol:

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

I can see why you're so fond of him! He looks great and like a right pain in the arse at ties to. Just like a proper puppy. :mrgreen:

Very nicely taken to. They were worth the wait. :p

10. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Fantastic shots, love the way hes posing.
    Try getting down to eye level with him, trust me on that one! :)

11. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Oh, I almost forget to be really corny and say...

Awww, Sooty is soooo sweep. :heart:

:mrgreen:

12. cbay

cbay TPF Noob!

Meysha Thanks for explaining how to do the border but i cannot find the "new action button" or "record button" anywhere, can you lend me a hand please, thanks.