Purchasing a DSLR!

Any reason why you chose the XT over the XTi?

back when I did, it was for the status LCD, saving money, and the fact that 2 MP, a screen, and a questionable dust cleaning system (a lot don't work that well) didn't seem to justify the extra $ Bit of advice, take a quick look at used 20Ds and 30Ds because the one thing I could'nt stand about my XT is the way it felt. After they day I held a 20D, I was too distracted during shootings about the camera to get my full potential (this is why a lot of people say shoot with what feels best, the more comfortable/relaxed shooter you are, the better you will perform) A lot of people say, "Why did you step up to a 20D from your XT when you could've spent the money you added to the trade in on a lens? It won't give you any better pictures." On the contrary, I'm no longer distracted thinking about that day I first held a 20D, I just shoot and enjoy.

So thanks for all of your help. I decided on buying myself the XTi -- I think I am going to buy it now as the only time to find a better deal (or a price drop) is after the release of the XSi and I cannot wait until April.

Thanks again for all the help and I look forward to spending more time here when I get the camera.

Most reactions

Back