Purple Finch

O'Rork

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am still learning the 70-200 VR 2.8. What do you think?

2661118619_58276f660c_o.jpg

Nice - the background has blurred wonderfully, and the birdfeeder is really sharp! your only real problem is that you missed the bird with the focus - how were you shooting this? manual or autofocus and which focusing elements?

I shot it with spot, auto focus and yes I see now that I spotted the feeder very nicely!

I'll practice some more. Thank you very much for the reply.

Which autofocuse points though - were you letting the camera pick the point or were you using only one of the points?

ahh I get you now :)
You did well overall - just go to get your eye on the bird a little more - that comes with practice, you are exposing the shots well so that is one side of the battle won!

The flower and dog you got came of very well!

Thanks Overread, I'm getting better slowly. 1,000 clicks on the D300.:wink:

I would wanna crop it somehow.

ED_CP_05.jpg
ED_CP_04.jpg

ED_CP_03.jpg
ED_CP_02.jpg

ED_CP_01.jpg

or something. :D
Same with the flower and the dog.

Last edited:
Thank you Bifurcator. After seeing the focal point was to the left of target on the feeder I consider the snap a bust. But the ability of the gear is superb. I took another snap of basicaly the same scene and got on target. Wow, a nice one this time.

2662405596_076360eeeb_b.jpg

It's in the little things.

ahh there you go - same scene, but now you hit the bird direct with the focus - good work!
I won't lie - with nature photography you will end up with 100s of shots where you just miss the mark, where the animal suddenly moves and where the heavens open and you get soaked ;) All part of the fun -- or so they say!

Most reactions

Back