purple fringe...help plz

M.Powell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4623120751_34da95536a_b.jpg

On the left side of the flower there is a purple/red fringe. How do I avoid these? Any help is much appreciated...

Could be chromatic aberation. Read some reviews of the lens you used, and they will usually tell you at what lengths it is worse for a particular lens.

It can be lessened in post, but not totally removed.

I am assuming that the original flower did not have this fringe?

Cheap lenses can cause bad color fringing or as Bitter said chromatic aberration.
Follow his advice by editing in RAW where you can shift the colors almost to the point where you can barely notice it.

Think about selling that lens and getting a better one. Once you notice such a problem it'll drive you mad every time you see it.

Cheap lenses can cause bad color fringing or as Bitter said chromatic aberration.
Follow his advice by editing in RAW where you can shift the colors almost to the point where you can barely notice it.

Think about selling that lens and getting a better one. Once you notice such a problem it'll drive you mad every time you see it.

Speaking of RAW. My camera is set up to take RAW + JPEG. How do I find the RAW images? I've only noticed the JPEGs on my memory card.

I will have to wait until I get extra cash to buy a better lens... lol even if I sold the 75-300 or 18-55, I would need more cash to buy up. So it'll be a while, unfortunately.

Speaking of RAW. My camera is set up to take RAW + JPEG. How do I find the RAW images? I've only noticed the JPEGs on my memory card.

I will have to wait until I get extra cash to buy a better lens... lol even if I sold the 75-300 or 18-55, I would need more cash to buy up. So it'll be a while, unfortunately.

Your camera manual is your friend! Look there to check where your camera is storing the RAW files.

I understand that getting a new lens might take a long time as those things don't come cheap. It's alright. Try to find out the limits of your lens and play within the boundaries and you'll be ok.

In RAW you can almost remove the fringing anyway so it's not a huge deal!

Your camera manual is your friend! Look there to check where your camera is storing the RAW files.

I understand that getting a new lens might take a long time as those things don't come cheap. It's alright. Try to find out the limits of your lens and play within the boundaries and you'll be ok.

In RAW you can almost remove the fringing anyway so it's not a huge deal!

Yeah I've been reading the manual since I've seen so many that say it's the best thing to do... Learning a lot. Thanks for the input :D

It actually just looks OOF and not like it's CA. It looks like this times I've seen photos of plants that have the out line that looks drawn on. It's from small hairs or fibers or just the soft edges that some plants have being OOF.

Most reactions

Back