Purple Passion

Talonted90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking through some of my pictures this summer from when I first started taking pictures with my Nikon D80. I took a family vacation to the Outer Banks where we have a house in Duck. I ventured over to the Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo to try out the camera during the middle of the day with way too sunny conditions. After looking through them now I really suffered with centrally composing nearly all the flowers which is why in retrospect I really like this photo. I have lessened the brightness and contrast but still think it may be too high. Thoughts and criticism appreciated.
3163351259_7456b656c6_b.jpg

I can't decide. I like the colors in the flowers, but think this could be a better shot with a different background.

I agree the background could have certainly been more pleasing to compliment the flowers. Not to make excuses but I had my camera (and thus photography experience) for no more than a week before taking this picture. As I have progressed I that is something I always keep in mind. I think its just something about the flowers that I like as much as I do. Thank you for your input though.

That white "bar" from the equally sunlit stone bench sure distracts (a lot), but I do see why the idea of capturing these BACKLIT flowers attracted you! It would have attracted me, too. I am a SUCKER for backlit plant photos! I love the sight to just SEE and I will always try to capture it in a photo, again and again (given it is the time for such photos, which just now it is not, of course ;)), even though I already have so many photos of the kind in my archives.

Have you ever considered testing out a vertical crop of this photo, leaving only the two flowers in focus inside it? That might eliminate the really bright parts of the bench nicely... just a thought I'm having spontaneously now...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back