push/pull for overexposed film

Just wondering if we will know ever what happened with OP film ?

It's probably gone tits up
Probably you're very right. It's possible he posted same question on every film forum he could find, got his answers and little chance to see him back.
On the other hand I am under a strong impression, that most of this young adepts of photography think, that film works just like digital and that there is only one right answer to a problem. This things are happening if one names two totally different technologies with the same name. Confusion arises from thinking that the new is a natural extension of the old one. Well, film doesn't play by numbers, film might be you friend if you know it well enough and long enough. One shot try-outs are like licking lollipop thru a packaging. On the other hand world accelerated beyond speed of "any" film.:lol:

Could have used this knowledge many years ago. Big shots visiting, photos needed, friend shot and I agreed to process and print. Buddy drops off the roll, Tri X shot in error at 125. Needed decent prints for presentation as well as ones with enough contrast to cut Gestetener stencils. One roll, one shot at it. Remember that they wern't pretty..

As the OP said, "Since overexposed shots come out brighter..." indicates unfamiliarity with the concept of a negative. That is, an overexposed negative comes out "darker" (denser) not "brighter" as a digital image would.

Yet he denied "digital thinking" (no digital camera). If he is 18-20 years old today, I am afraid that he doesn't know any other "thinking", anyway nowadays everyone owns and shoots (me to) digicam, in the cell phone. Hey, that's a big part of social "networking", to send images etc. I have to admit I started my photographic hobby I was 16 and I wanted to be in my circles "the guy with the camera", then it was more "unique"; shoots, processes and brings prints. It changed into personal passion later. Maybe OP wants to be "original" in his circles by shooting film and hit the snag. If he is ambitious or think it is worth it, he will overcome, but knowing how easy going is young generation and accustomed to getting everything ready on the plate I give only 20 % chances for that. I have already this experience. Eh...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back