Q about online photo development

dreadpyrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, I know there are sites that develop photos online and I have a wierd question...

I have a bunch of images from my wedding that I've scanned in, retouched and saved. Can I send these to an online developer or do they have to be in some special format? I ask because I've never done this before.
Also, who might you recommend to to the BEST job? These are my wedding pictures after all. ;)

Should not have a problem at all, although better to save as "tiff:...jpg loss. Send them out all the time after some post processing and no complaints.

Thanks Dirtnapper! Tiffs...got it. ;)
So do you send them via CD?
Also, can you recommend a good place? Thanks!

Chase said:
I'd definitely suggest trying Adorama, they support our site and do excellent work on prints!

Just click their logo at the bottom of this page.

Chase, I do not see Adorama's logo?

Also, Ditto on using Adorama. I like the Kodak matte paper they use.

I started using WinkFlash this summer....http://winkflash.com/
I had a large number of prints done, including enlargments...very pleased..check them also. Just upload, but, they do have a CD mailer if you want to send them in. Uploading has not had any problems...a few other online developing places I tried were problematic.

I'll 3rd (or 4th) Adorama for quality versus $$ and ease of use. Wasn't too impressed with Winkflash as far as quality but they are 1/2 the price compared to Adorama so I put them as "you get what you pay for".

Also had good results at my local Costco, they use Fuji Luster matte paper, I personally prefer Kodak Luster paper it flatter less glossy

If you've edited them on your computer make sure your monitor is calibrated. Or you could find that the photos you've got "just right" come out with a purple hue or something equally annoying.

Thank you very much everybody! I think I'll take a look at adorama and winkflash. By the way, Ferny, you mention monitor calibration. What is a good way to do this? I dont want to spend a few hundred on a spider, are there any decent software calibration tools you recommend?

Most reactions

Back