Q: Digital Backdrops

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, just browsing ebay for some deals on muslin BGs and noticed a lot of people selling these .tiff digital BG cds. Does anyone here use these, and isn't it really obvious that they are digital? I can only imagine that they could only be used with a person in a standing position, and not for anything else? For anyone who has used them, how do you cut the subject out clean enough so that it doesn't look like an obvious cut/paste? If anyone uses them, can you post an example?

Thanks

To make them look good, you would need to be pretty good with PS...and have a shot that will work well with a digital BG.

I think these would benefit graphic artists more than portrait photographers. You can try this yourself....just go out and take some shots of something that could be a background (sky, landscape etc) and then try to superimpose a person onto it...same thing.

I rarely like substituted backgrounds. It's rare to find that the lighting on the background matches the lighting on the subject. While many people can't read exactly what the light is, it can still stand out as fake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back