Quaint Little Town

grafiks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aapics.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were taken with my D70 back in May of 2006. I was travelling through the midwest. This quaint little town is Guttenberg, IA.

Historic Building
historical.jpg

Street
street.jpg

I'm impressed with the compositions, the exposures, and the focuses. The tilt doesn't bother me as much as the Focal length distortion from the lens. I like your work.

I'm impressed with the compositions, the exposures, and the focuses. The tilt doesn't bother me as much as the Focal length distortion from the lens. I like your work.

Thank you! I guess Photoshop CS2 had a nice correcting tool for that. Might be worth my while to upgrade from CS.

I guess Photoshop CS2 had a nice correcting tool for that. Might be worth my while to upgrade from CS.

Actually I can accept moderate lens distortion such as in your images. Some people find this kind of lens distortion appealing enough that they invest big money in super wide angle lenses for the purpose of obtaining this kind of distortion.

Vivid greenery like that really isn't found in So CA. Every place has it's good and bad points, seasons, etc.

Thanks for the commentary.

Hallo Grafiks, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

I have moved this post to the General Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the critique section, with a bit of an explanation of the shot and what you were try to show.

Thank you.

Hallo Grafiks, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

I have moved this post to the General Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the critique section, with a bit of an explanation of the shot and what you were try to show.

Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up. I had not read the FAQs. I'll make note of it.

Thanks.

Yet another comment on these photos, which I like very much, by the way:

Is it really true that trees can be that lush and green and full of leaves? I seem to have forgotten. To me the world looks only grey, barren and wet. :cry: Winter in Germany ... :(

THEREFORE THANK YOU FOR THE GREEN!!!
I love it!

Yet another comment on these photos, which I like very much, by the way:

Is it really true that trees can be that lush and green and full of leaves? I seem to have forgotten. To me the world looks only grey, barren and wet. :cry: Winter in Germany ... :(

THEREFORE THANK YOU FOR THE GREEN!!!
I love it!

Thank you very much. As you may have noticed, Guttenberg (a town formed by German immigrants) is truly this green, in the SUMMER. :mrgreen: Right now, I assure you, it is very cold and white. :D

Most reactions

Back