Quality Control Issues

Emma-Lee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.strippedmedia.com
Hey everyone,

I've been having some trouble lately with clients of mine retouching photos from our shoot (extreeeeeeeeeemely poorly) and then posting them on their sites but giving me credit as the photographer. This obviously reflects poorly on my work.

In 1 case the client is a friend so it's a bit more of a delicate issue.

I'm revising all of my company policies and rates for the new year and was wondering if someone had a sample contract about not allowing clients to publish in print or on the web their own editing jobs.

Has anyone encountered this and what did you do?

I appreciate the help.

I think I've come across only one photographers webpage that stated that clients could not have negatives or a cd and he explained it in his faq. And that's exactly his reason.
Personally, this is why I'd never allow anyone digital copies.
But I've noticed it's quite popular in the wedding photography and portrait industry to always give cds with pictures.

Have you tried searching google for contract templates or samples?

Personally my clients pay a dear price to the rights of the photos. In all honesty what they do with the work is basically up to them. I would ask them to keep your name off the photos.

shoot straight, tell them editing isn't allowed, its your work and copyright is yours, your fees are for usage of the originals they have no right to f*** with the work unless they pay for rights, in which case they can omit your name after messing with shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back