Quality of my pics

LisaMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still confused about whats going on with my pictures, they look awsome in an 8x10 size, but anything bigger and it seems the quality goes down hill? My old camera was a rebel XT and i didnt seem to ever have this issue, and thats why it bothers me to find this happening with my 5d? Any suggestions. Also if it helps i find that most of my images when they are inlarged tend to get real noisey in the darker areas. It almost creates this real noise shadow effect to my pics...

double check your settings? max sure you shooting on the maximum size and detail.

check if you have the camera set at the highest megapixel count on the highest setting you can find for quality.

im new to this whole sceene myself so i cant really offer you a correct answer but to my understanding maybe it has something to do with the megapixels, the more you have the larger your photo's can be. i believe thats how it works..

Im not sure tho lol so basically I have no idea..:lol:

im new to this whole sceene myself so i cant really offer you a correct answer but to my understanding maybe it has something to do with the megapixels, the more you have the larger your photo's can be. i believe thats how it works..

Im not sure tho lol so basically I have no idea..:lol:

not exactly its resolution, which is why a 10mp point and shoot can't be blown up as large as a 6mp dslr, which also has to do with sensor size? someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Its strange because i am shooting with L (large quality) plus RAW, as well as i have tried shooting with 100 ISO on a bright sunny day..and with flash, but they still get that dark noisey shadowing effect when i enlarge them. I would post a pic but they wouldnt be the correct size to see the effects.

You are correct Kardon, the larger the sensor the better quality of the picture because the pixels are larger.

I don't know much about canon's but I just did a comparison of your oild XT and you 5d, and every single spec (to my knowledge) shows that the 5d should allow for better and easier enlargement. As far as your shadowing issue, theres a couple things it can be, first each camera has a "normal" way to process/enhance the photo, their diffrent camera's so their going to process them diffrent your 5d may process the images more vivid/ +saturation. Last there diffrent camera's and sensor's there going to shoot diffrent. When going from my d70 to d200, anytime I go to take a picture of a person with a little bit more light in the backround the person comes out dark with a blown out backround, just the nature of the camera I guess.

Most reactions

Back