Quality Question

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Angelique, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Angelique

Angelique TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm often disappointed by the quality of the images produced by my Cannon EOS Ti and I don't think I necessarily should be: It's a nice enough camera.

I'm using the kit lens and I have two friends that have MUCH nicer lenses and they seem more content.

Would purchasing a much nicer lens help satisfy my desire for higher image quality in any way?

I take photography of people, outdoors, in full light. Senior photos, modeling portfolios, absurd photo illustrations and the like. I don't need anything specialty. Any suggestions?

2. tron

tron TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    you would be wasting your money on another lens. what is it that youre dissapointed with? is it the distortion, quality, etc?

and is this a new camera? because if it is, chances are you just arnt used to it yet :hug:

3. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    First: Welcome :)

Canon Ti?

XTi you probably mean? Anyway ... what do you not like in your images, exposure? composition? sharpness? contrast/colours?

Usually the lens is an important factor in the chain leading to image quality, true. but if we do not know what your particular reasons for discontent are, it is hard to judge.

not sure what the kit lens is it comes with, but i am certain there are better lenses out there.

4. nyamy

nyamy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    well, I have a canon xsi and the kit lens. now that I've been playing with it for 2 months (and reading everything I can get my hands on) I'm less disappointed in the quality of the shots it takes. I think (in my case anyway) the lack of quality is mostly due to the photographer and not so much the lens. I'm sure that once my skills improve, a better lens will allow me to take better pics, but right now the limiting factor is me.

5. Donald Harvey

Donald Harvey TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah I hear you, I am about to embark on a new camera Canon 40D, I'm sure I am going to have a rough time learning about the camera, but will follow the same path you are, which is ask question and read a ton!

6. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Can you post a photo that you are not happy with and the reason you are not happy with it? We can go from there.

Derrick