Quantaray?

J.Bat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbatdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if they made any good Canon lenses, or if anyone has any that would know?

Ok thanks, I was also wondering what lens would be good for weddings and portraits, a good sharp lens?

Canon 50mm 1.8 - cheap and sharp, good for portraits. Everyone (with a Canon) should have one. :)

Ok thanks, I was also wondering what lens would be good for weddings and portraits, a good sharp lens?

Do you want a zoom lens?

What's your budget?

(Please, please never do a "professional" wedding for money until you're well past this stage. It's like playing teeball once and then trying to hit against Curt Schilling.)

You aren't going to use a wide angle or fisheye for any typical portrait. A wide angle would be helpful for group shots at weddings, though probably.

Again, what's your budget? Do you want zoom?

Yes some zoom, my budget would be around $300 or so for a decent lens. Or do I buy a flash instead?

Primes would be an affordable way to get a decent lens for that budget but you'd obviously be sacrificing the zoom.

I'll agree with the other comment that for that price, I'd go for the flash. I'm not sure I'd want to trade lens quality to save some $$$. If you can go lens shopping with ~$500 you should have more opportunities to get a quality lens.

Also KEH.com is a good site for used equipment. I haven't used them personally but have read really good reviews about the quality of their used equipment and that their rating system is very conservative (like they'll say something is used harder than it actually is).

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Back