Queenstown, Newzealand c&c

YoungPhotoGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Landscape Photo of Queenstown, Newzealand.
Settings:
f/5.6
1/1250 sec
ISO 400
with a 1.8G Nikon 35mm
11136250_872676709478948_3142796377637921523_o.jpg

Im not sure about this, it looks nice but for me it seems to lack something. I do think the logo takes from it plus I was sure Queenstown had a lake next to it when I was there.

FYI I just looked at your site and the image is has more context there I think

Last edited:
The placement of the logo does take away from the image and why shoot at 5.6 just asking?
Jasii

you dont need to shoot tiny apertures to get everything in focus.

The placement of the logo does take away from the image and why shoot at 5.6 just asking?
Jasii

you dont need to shoot tiny apertures to get everything in focus.
While that's technically accurate, many lenses haven't reached their full potential in terms of sharpness by f/5.6. A few stops down could bring more detail with it. And based on my experience with that lens, it doesn't get to its sharpest until around f/8 or smaller.

As for the image, I like it. I agree it's hard to look past the watermark, but that aside, it's nice.

Has a nice overall feel to it, the logo does take away one's attention but not a big problem for me.

With higher and higher MP count sensors, a good number of lenses are diffraction limited by f/4...so...f/5.6 is fine. At this long distance, f/5.6 is a perfectly acceptable aperture choice. But that big, black, frame-spanning watermark...wow...that has simply GOT to go.

+1

The image is fine but the watermark is way too big.

Most reactions

Back