Query About D60

rumat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Guys,

I bought a D60 2 days back. But I cant shoot in dark. Means without flash I cant shoot smoothly. The shutter speed falls so down. Please help me outta this problem.

Thanks

Rumat

Hello Guys,

I bought a D60 2 days back. But I cant shoot in dark. Means without flash I cant shoot smoothly. The shutter speed falls so down. Please help me outta this problem.

Thanks

Rumat

Try increasing your ISO setting if you are shooting manual, if you aren't , turn on more lamps in your room...

... But I cant shoot in dark. Means without flash I cant shoot smoothly. ...
Define dark... Most cameras can't shoot 'in the dark.' Some newer one's, like the D700 and D90 can handle darker scenes much better than others. In short, you need enough light for the camera to handle to take a shot of things...

this tends to happen. as you shoot in the dark or in situations with low light, the camera (i'm assuming you're shooting in auto) tends to compensate by adjusting the shutter speed to allow for more light to enter the camera. this accounts for the longer exposure. you can't really do anything about that, it's fundamental. low light= slower shutter speed. if you used flash or a shot in a better lit area, you could get away with a faster shutter speed. but i'm assuming you're trying to go for a particular shot without using flash, in that case, just try to hold the camera steady or brace yourself against something if you don't own a tripod. it's also really helpful to consult your manual and read it thoroughly

I use a D60 and have no problems with it in low light. It does what you'd expect it to do. You may be wanting the camera to do something it's not capable of. THere has to be some source of light and the dimmer that source, the slower the shutter speed. That's just life.

welcome to photography lol. to shoot in dark settings, you need a large aperture, higher iso, probably a tripod because of the longer shutter speeds

welcome to photography lol. to shoot in dark settings, you need a large aperture, higher iso, probably a tripod because of the longer shutter speeds

+1.... Just bought my tripod last night. A MUST have item...

Increase ISO, Lower shutter, open aperture, use flash, puff the magic dragon. Just get a flash.
RTFM exposure

I use a D60 and have no problems with it in low light. It does what you'd expect it to do. You may be wanting the camera to do something it's not capable of. THere has to be some source of light and the dimmer that source, the slower the shutter speed. That's just life.

Well buddy, I atleast know this basic about light n shutter speed. But how do u shoot a pic of Star or Moon???

Or how do u shoot some small lights distant from you??? Do you use the Flash mode or potrait mode or Auto mode???

Please acknowledge...Actually I love nights and wanna shoot the mystery of nights.

Well buddy,
You're question has several answers. Too many to list here.
But as a start, if you are attempting to shoot distant lights at night the flash is useless. THe only mode that will work is manual. Set up on a tripod, over expose the shot and expect long shutter speeds...as I said before.
If you're hoping to take pictures of lights at night with fast shutter speeds you will have to increase the ISO to HI, open the lenses as wide as it will go and play with the shutter speed...which I will guess will still be very slow.
I suspect you will also have to switch to manual focus and focus at "infinity"

With all due respect if you know the basics about light and shutter speed...you wouldn't be asking the original question.

Last edited:
This one made me chuckle.

With all due respect if you know the basics about light and shutter speed...you wouldn't be asking the original question.

u r right friend. thnx for sggestion. in my previous reply, i wanted to mean tht i knw whenever light is lesser, shutter speed would ultimately come lesser. nothing else. as i'm new in photography, i'm seeking ur help:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back