question about bg-e4 and canon 5d

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so I purchased what I thought was an actual bg-e4 for my canon 5d and what they actually sent me was a cheap knock off by zeinos or something like that anyways the thing keeps coming undone and im missing an obnoxious amount of photos I told the company this and they said all battery grips have this issue and they would take the product back at a discounted price I have been fighting with cameta camera (oh whoops accidentll sliped the name :)) ) anyways anyone here have the canon 5d and the bg-e4 (the real one) and have this issue?

I have no clue what you are talking about. Also, the use of punctuation, makes it easier for readers to comprehend.

ok fine whatever punctuation blah blah blah dude this is like the third post i have read of yours that is completely pointless just dont post at all if you have nothing that is pertaining to the subject stop trying to just get your post count high.....oh hey punctuate this ;)

I understood you perfectly. this is not an grammar forum. Sorry about your ordeal.

Reseller ratings give them a decent score CametaCamera - cameta.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Check their sales agreements/guidelines and hold them to what they are supposed to provide. I would also submit a review of their service at ResellerRatings and threaten them that you will share your negative experience with every photography forum online if they do not do the right thing.

Another reason why I hate certain knockoffs....

If the product has a known fault or is broken though normal use before the end of the first year after purchase then you should be able to get a full refund on your purchase.

I don't own the 5D battery grip but I can say that the official 400D grip does not come lose and fall off (heck half the time its almost impossible to take off!).

Good luck getting your money back of the company!

I have a BG-e5 for my XSI and its solid as rock. Never miss a picture with it. I guess I made a choice of not buying the knock-off on ebay.

I have a BG-e5 for my XSI and its solid as rock. Never miss a picture with it. I guess I made a choice of not buying the knock-off on ebay.
thats the deal this wasnt advertised as a knock off it said bg-e4

if it was false advertising you can take them to court with that
you would be best placed to speak to a lawyer about this (not us lot ;)) and make sure you have something like a digital receipt with the name of the product clearly labled as BG-e5

well im sure legal fees would be a lot more than the battery pack itself and while im a person big on the point of things im not willing to just throw away a couple grand haha that like two more L series lenses :D and a battery grip

true - but sometimes a good bluff can work wonders for the efficancy of a company ;)
If you are in the right and can prove it you can try to encourage them to offer a full refund on the purchase - no need to be rude (chances are then they will call your bluff) but be polite, but firm in an email (written is far better as then there is a record of the coversation as opposed to telephone where there is no record).
Its also worth sometimes emailing a higher ranking person in the company if you are having problems through the official channels

Most reactions

Back