Question about Canon 1D

MyNameIsChris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisammondphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I'm very new (like 5 minutes ago) to the forum but had a quick question. I have a canon rebel xt and purchased a canon 1D today. I was wondering what your opinions would be on whether or not I should sell my rebel. I know the 1D has better features, but it's MP count is so tiny...

Let me know what you think!

Also the 1D was $1,300 for the body, a Tamron 28-75 lens, a Canon 430ex speedlite, and a few other lil extras here n there. Do you think it was a good deal?

I assume you mean the original 1D, there have been two never versions (Mark II, Mark III) that I expect to cost more than what you paid. Your price is very good.

Keep the Rebel. You're not going to get a lot for it, and it takes the same lenses, so it could be a back-up if you go on vacation somewhere.

keep the rebel because you'll want it when you want to be subtle or not carry a brick with you.

Just remember, the 1D is most likely an EF mount and may not use all the lenses you have for your rebel.

www.strobist.com

If you do some searching on that site, you may find out why I would personally like to have an OG 1D.

1/500th flash sync.

Unlimited flash sync.

Well yes, that is pretty awesome but do you think I will ever run into a problem with it only being 4.2mp? Other than that I love this camera, but the low MP concerns me.

Maybe I'm just having buyers regret and looking for negative things haha.

Well yes, that is pretty awesome but do you think I will ever run into a problem with it only being 4.2mp? Other than that I love this camera, but the low MP concerns me.

I had a 30x45 photo printed from an 8mp 1mb jpg edited to my printer's requirements. It was perfect.

4mp will be enough for an 8x10 at 150dpi. and it will provide you with a normal-sized 4x6 at well more than 300dpi. I think when you print out your shots you'll be more satisfied with them than you think you will be. I could be wrong, but this (leading to your second question) is why I'd still keep the rebel around. But your lenses like the kit lens for your XT and other EF-S lenses won't work on the 1D.

You can print stunning 8x10, and probably 11x14s, just fine. I have done this from my crappy Olympus, with a much smaller 4mp sensor.

Most reactions

Back