Question about collections

Primoz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

I' m about to enter a photographic cometition, that is organised by the school I visit in which every photographer has to compete with a collection of photographs with similar topic.
Now I am a freshman in this area and I was wondering what is your opinion: I wanted to send a collection of photographs (mostly landscapes) I took in Norway this year, but they have quite different styles of post processing (some are BW - and doing awesome job without color in my opinion - and some are typical landscapes with pretty colors :))
Do you believe it's not good, if the collection of selected photographs isn't connected in terms of style and mood they are creating to the viewer, but are taken in the same part of the world?
I was thinking of naming my collection "Landscapes Of The North", or something like that anyway. So it's kind of showing different ascpects of the same part of the World.
Would really appreciate your thoughts, especially because you know better than me what other famous photographes do.

Thanks,
Primoz

"collection of photographs with similar topic"

I think answer your question. And yes unless otherwise stated they welcome different types example of Landscapes whether they are B&W and different style & moods. Would be kind of boring for a collection to dictate just one way of expressing it.

Collection of Landscapes are just that! Landscapes can depict from the Beach & Woods to Cityscapes & Rural. The only restrictions would be the one asking for the collection in which case they should define the parameters better of what is acceptable.

Most reactions

Back