Question About Expired Film

acoustix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, got a couple questions about a disposable Kodak MAX flash camera. I believe the film to be Kodak MAX 800 35mm, but I am not sure, as I am new to all of this. I can tell you that it was made in 1998, and the film expired 06/2002. Yes, the film has been spent.
There are pictures in there that I would like to see, as I believe it to be a camera from a vacation I took with my family when I was 10 and think it would make a really cool Christmas present.
Question is, is there any way to salvage what may be on this roll or not? If so, how would one go about developing these in the best possible way to prevent damage to the photos? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

I believe the xp date is for how well it will capture an image. I.E. the chemicals will react the same way to the light. The shots you took should be fine, just bring the film in and get it developed. cant wait to see what was on there!

The film should be fine; I would spend the little extra and bring it to a real lab vice Wal-Mart or similar and explain the situation to them. Might take a little longer, and will cost more, but they'll also likely be a lot more careful and skilled.

don't know about that one... It says "Develop BEFORE 06/2002" :(

Thanks! both of ya

Most reactions

Back