Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i'm using
nikon d-5100
and i want to buy a flash to mount on my camera
because i'm low on budget. i thought about
either this one >

YONGNUO Upgraded Flash Speedlite YN 560 II for Nikon D7000 D5100 D5000 D3100 519890690418 | eBay

or this one >

New YONGNUO I TTL Flash Speedlite YN 565EX for Nikon D5000 D5100 D3100 D3000 817211026152 | eBay

winch one do you recommend more ? does the YN-565EX one really worth twice then YN-560 II ?

i also want to buy in 2 months or so an umbrella\sofbox and an external flash to have a more soft light for studio level photos,
so in order to do that i understand i need another one of these two flashes i showd here right (yn-565ex, yn-560 2) ? and an umbrella + stand + transmitter ? (it says i don't need transmitter with this two flashes that they know how to work because they have something on board)

sorry for asking to much and if it's not clear i'll be happy to explain more
you guys as allways been a great help in everything i do !

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
so i'm using
nikon d-5100
and i want to buy a flash to mount on my camera
because i'm low on budget. i thought about
either this one >

YONGNUO Upgraded Flash Speedlite YN 560 II for Nikon D7000 D5100 D5000 D3100 519890690418 | eBay

or this one >

New YONGNUO I TTL Flash Speedlite YN 565EX for Nikon D5000 D5100 D3100 D3000 817211026152 | eBay

winch one do you recommend more ? does the YN-565EX one really worth twice then YN-560 II ?

i also want to buy in 2 months or so an umbrella\sofbox and an external flash to have a more soft light for studio level photos,
so in order to do that i understand i need another one of these two flashes i showd here right (yn-565ex, yn-560 2) ? and an umbrella + stand + transmitter ? (it says i don't need transmitter with this two flashes that they know how to work because they have something on board)

The YN560 is a manual mode flash. It is only capable of manual flash mode, which is what some people like. The YN565 also will do TTL flash (automatic point&shoot flash, so to speak).
But Manual flash is popular for use in fixed umbrellas in a studio setting. TTL is popular for walk around flash on the hot shoe.
I'm thinking one of each would be the most versatile (can still be used together in manual mode in umbrellas). But, this is a choice only you can make.

Maybe see Beginners Guide to Select a Hot Shoe Flash

Triggering.... these flashes have builtin slave modes which are triggered in sync, in manual flash mode, by the flash from another manual flash. Works well indoors.

Or you could use radio triggers for manual flash mode (works better outdoors). The YN560 III (only the III) already has a built in receiver which is compatible with a Yongnuo YN603 transmitter added to the camera hot shoe.

The YN565 can do those things too, and it can also do wireless remote TTL if controlled by a commander, but which the D5100 does not have.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back