question about minolta maxxum 70 and lens

stiles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello,

i have an old pentax body (ME-F) and two lenses. i bought a vivitar 70-200mm lens about a year ago. my camera body is giving me trouble and i've taken it to several camera shops and they don't know what's wrong with it. anyway, i'm looking into buying another affordable camera body, perhaps a minolta maxxum 70.

i'm wondering if my old lenses will work with this new body. does anyone have experience with the maxxum 70? is it considered pretty safe to buy used lenses/bodies online? any comments would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

if the new one is autofocus it probably wont work, I bought an autofoucus SLR after many years collecting lenses for the old manual one, none of them work on the new camera. So now i just mix and match cameras depending on what im doing.

A manual focus pentax lens (or a vivitar that was designed to fit it) almost certainly won't fit onto Minolta Autofocus body.

Usually each different manufacturer has a specific type of lens mount, so only their own lenses will fit. Independent makers like Vivitar or Sigma will make lenses for each different make of camera, but again, the fittings will be different, so you'd have to buy a Vivitar lens designed specifically for Minolta.

Most reactions

Back