Question About People Taking Pictures of You

This thread has more win than the one I posted wanting my Sigma prime to exceed f/16
bigthumb.gif

(My screen name was chosen cause it was available :p, it's not a real reflection of me or how I may project myself in public)

I should have chosen DirtyOldman as my screen name for this forum. It's not "me" per se, but hell, it WAS available and all...

(My screen name was chosen cause it was available :p, it's not a real reflection of me or how I may project myself in public)

I should have chosen DirtyOldman as my screen name for this forum. It's not "me" per se, but hell, it WAS available and all...
Send a PM to the Admin - I'm sure they can change it for you. :lmao:

I once saw a man who looks like Superman (Christopher Reeve) at a bar, I should have taken a couple of hundred pictures of him!! Damn, if only I knew it was okay back then! :razz:
The worst they could have (legally) done is ask you to leave the premises.

Perhaps next time a guy wants to take my picture, I should whip my camera out too and start snapping and snapping......Lets see how they feel when the tables are turned...

Do it.

He probably won't give two craps about it.

I was out... in the streets of Philly... shooting a show... I was leaning up against a wall when I noticed... ::GASP:: a telephoto lens pointed RIGHT at me.

Surprisingly... I didn't throw a sh*tfit about it.

I walked up to him after I allowed him a few shots... trying not to "notice" the camera and going about what I was doing, because that's obviously what he was trying to capture... but I'm SUPER awkward once I know you're taking pictures of me, so I'm pretty sure i just ruined the images for him...

But what did I end up doing?

Get this...

I walked up to the dude... stuck out my hand and said, "Hi, my name is Emily! Are you going to post those pictures anywhere? I'd love to see them!"

He barely spoke English, but he was a nice Asian man who wrote down his Flickr screen name for me, and then wrote me an e-mail to show me the picture once he had it posted.

If it weren't for the fact that I looked like a trian-wreck that day, I would have thought it was a sweet image.

Calm down toots. Just cause the dude was older than you doesn't mean he's dead.

It means he appreciates beauty.

(HOLY SH*T... someone thinks you're pretty!)

And appreciating beauty isn't the same thing as being a dirty old man.

An offensive, voyeuristic images would have consisted of him sitting BEHIND you, on a lower chair, while you sat up on a higher stool in your mini-skirt... with his lens aimed at your ass in hopes of catching a glimpse of your hot-pink g-string... NOT... some girl, "dressed warmly", sipping on a beer.

I totally feel bad for the dude you completely humiliated.

Not you.

Sorry 'bout it.

Not to mention, Tyler is right... JUST because the camera is pointed in your *direction* doesn't mean he's shooting YOU.

/ :soapbox:

Yeah - I can't believe you got him kicked out of the bar... To me it sounds like the whole thing was blown out of proportion. If that guy had been more aware of his rights and the law, that night could have ended very differently...

No clue about Canada, but I'm pretty sure that in Texas, that guy could have had you charged with assault...

**** just got real...

Well like 3 posts ago or so. I lost count.

As for PROOF that he was taking a picture of ME - I saw the picture of ME on his phone. It's simple as that. I just don't go around assuming everyone with cameras are taking pictures of me.

I don't need people to feel "sorry" for me, that was not the original purpose of my post, but I simply asked if it was legal or not and I now have my question answered.

Because I don't feel comfortable at the fact a man is taking pictures of me - I'm in the wrong for that? Who's to say how am I suppose to feel?

Sure, you wouldn't have mind but as human beings, we're all different. People have different comfort levels in regards to certain things. I'm not trying to argue with anyone here and all of sudden, I feel like I'm being attacked in a forum I signed up to one hour ago - That's ridiculous. I asked a simple question with no intentions for it to become argumentative.

I simply confronted him and made it clear that I don't want him taking pictures of me and the manager came over to ask what happened. The manager and staff CHOSE to ask him to leave the place, NOT ME. I simply wanted him to stop taking pictures of me and to delete the picture he took of me. Don't twist the situation and make up assumptions when you don't know what happened.

Yeah - I can't believe you got him kicked out of the bar... To me it sounds like the whole thing was blown out of proportion. If that guy had been more aware of his rights and the law, that night could have ended very differently...

No clue about Canada, but I'm pretty sure that in Texas, that guy could have had you charged with assault...

...Could you care to explain how he could have had me charged with assault?

Gotta have THICK skin to hang here. Good folks, but we take no prisoners....noob.:playball:

I simply confronted him and made it clear that I don't want him taking pictures of me and the manager came over to ask what happened. The manager and staff CHOSE to ask him to leave the place, NOT ME. I simply wanted him to stop taking pictures of me and to delete the picture he took of me. Don't twist the situation and make up assumptions when you don't know what happened.

You didn't "simply confront" him.

You caused a scene and embarrassed a man with probably no ill intent.

No one says you HAVE to be comfortable with anything.

Simply walking up and saying, "Excuse me, could you please refrain from taking any further pictures of me?" would have probably sufficed. Most people aren't assholes and *will* yield to that simple request.

But no. You caused a scene... you "got the manager involved" and got him kicked out.

Real slick.

ALSO...You don't come onto a PHOTOGRAPHY forum...full of PHOTOGRAPHERS... and tell a story about how you HUMILIATED a PHOTOGRAPHER.. and expect it NOT to become argumentative. :banghead:

Most reactions

Back