Question about Photo lights

Will Wyl E. Coyote ever be able to catch the Road Runner?

• Total voters

freezeandsaycheese

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do photo bulbs give off UVA's? How about UVB's? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

P.S - Feeling sort of slap happy at the moment - so enjoy the poll, lol.... >_>

What kind of photo lights are you asking about.

Zenon flash tubes? Incandescent/Tungstent, Fluorescent, LED?

My subject is a strange one and wants to know this information before I turn the lights on her, lol....Just in case anyone was wondering about the question. :bouncingsmileys:

CFL lamps work by producing UV radiation that stimulates the phosphor coating causing it to emit visible light. Some UV radiation does leak through the coating (UVA, UVB, and UVC) but the generally the amounts are small (less than in daylight) and unless the lights are positioned within a couple of inches of the subject they do not present any hazard.

freezeandsaycheese said:
My subject is a strange one and wants to know this information before I turn the lights on her, lol....Just in case anyone was wondering about the question. :bouncingsmileys:

Yeahhhhhm uh-huh...such people DO exist, fer sure! I would help her feel more at home with a courtesy hat....perhaps one of the fine designs found here would put her at ease...tinfoil hat plans - Google Search

Will you be using a light modifier like an umbrella or a softbox?

I would hope so.
God forbid the sheer power of the dreaded killer spiral lightbulb goes unblocked and strikes someone.

Umm, Wyl E. did catch the roadrunner once. He had no idea what to do with him but he did catch him.

Oh, tell her that the UV is negated by the spiraling bulb and the only hazard is the electrochemically induced hypnotic effect.

(you will buy prints..you will buy prints)

Most reactions

Back