question about posting???

emogirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.imageevent.com
Newbie here.....sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this...but how do post an image with your message? I see i can post a link, but how do I put the image in the post?? thanks..

This thread should help.

Basically, you have to have them hosted somewhere that allows linking. I use www.Photobucket.com with no problems at all.

Then you copy the URL and put IMG tags around it

This can be done by clicking the image button and pasting the URL into the pop-up window.

*hint* Photobucket also gives you the URL with IMG tags...so all you need to do is copy & paste right into your post.

well, the image has to be on a server somewhere... then you klick on that small icon above the window you type the message in. the icon which looks like a postal stamp ... yellowish with grey mountains and a sun. then you get a window to enter that image's url

damn mike, you were fast ... and your explanation is way better than mine ;)

yes, i get that....but why do some have the actual photo in their post and why could i only put in a link to a picture? i'd rather put in a picture... am i missing something???

I checked your 'field of frost' post...and you used the link tags/button ...and not the image tags/button [I...d the URL of the image has to end with ".jpg"

ok guys...i must be a moron...but i am familiar with this format, as its the same as antoher group i belong.... i am using the mountain thing, i am putting in a link, cuz that is what it is asking for!! egads, i'm getting frustrated!!!

The problem is that you are putting in the URL of the web page with the image on it...and not the URL of the actual image. I don't think that your site will allow linking anyway. I can't even get the URL of the image on your site because it has right-click protection.

If you want to display your images...it looks like you will have to host your images on a different site.

ok mike, you were fast, but i got the solution ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back