Question about Remotes

KasparP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking on ebay for a simple remote under say 10 dollars.

Should I get a Cable Remote or a IR remote? I see that the IR remotes only have a simple press button, so how would BULB photography work?

Thanks guys!

I think that with a single non-locking button, you can press it once to open the shutter, then press it again to close the shutter.

I saw the same exact remote on tons of other sites for cheaper.

Is that how it works for those remotes - you press it once to open and again to close it? What if you go out of range with the remote?

Uh, then it doesn't work anymore. :thumbup: As far as the others, I don't know. I pretty much stick to Nikon gear, rather than save pocket change on a piece of gear that inexpensive.

I didn't want to low-ball you on the price of the ML-L3. That and I link to B&H because they are about the most reputable online seller of camera gear around.

Why would anyone go with an inferior item just to save a couple of dollars. But on eBay, pay shipping, and the difference is even less.

I also vote for the Nikon remote. Had more trouble with el-cheapo (got it for free, trashed it soon afterwards) remote than I ever did with a Nikon one.

A couple of dollars is all relative.

The simple Nikon remote that is just a button for the D200 cost about $35AU on ebay. I bought it for $5AU including shipping (99c + $4shipping), total cost saving $30.
Or the Nikon remote with the timer and intervalometer, $160AU or about $40AU on ebay.
Both of these units work flawlessly.

So why would anyone go for a more expensive item that isn't inferior at all to the Nikon equivalent other than the fact that hardcore Nikon photographers may snob you for saving a few dollars and your remote says something other than Nikon on it?

Most reactions

Back