Question about sign up.

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
While respecting the privacy issue could the forum put a suggestion in the signup page that listing their basic location is often helpful to having questions answered and just suggest that newbies do so?

Isn't it usually a sing-along?

;)

Most forum software will allow you to make that a mandatory field. I think that should be enforced for the very reason that Gryph states above.

Title fixed. ;)

Gryph, I will report the post so the notice will go out to include the forum techs. They will review and see if any modifications need to be made.

I doubt that will become a mandatory "displayed" field, due to privacy issues. We can't force folks to share their locations on the forum.

Spoil-sport! :irked:

Just because it's a mandatory field doesn't mean that people have to use their real location. I think in many cases it's left blank because people can't be bothered. If we make it a mandatory field then at least they will have to take a second to think about it. They can choose to use their real location, or put in something like you have.

Well, that's my point. We let it alone because it's virtually meaningless - unless and until they want something. ;) If they are asking questions about services, then it's helpful to know their location. That puts the replying members in the position of having to ask.

While respecting the privacy issue could the forum put a suggestion in the signup page that listing their basic location is often helpful to having questions answered and just suggest that newbies do so?

Like the Milky Way

In my view encouragement to post location is valid though I don't know what we can do to the signin page to realyl do that; and its unlikely that any sticky would resolve the matter. Thing is requiring location is something "personal"; granted in great scheme of things its very innocent; but people get hot under the collar about personal details on forums even if there's no risk.

We also get questions about kit without clear budgets or ideas or even existing kit. So we have no shortage of threads where people need a question or two asked of them before anyone can answer them.

ALSO

........America can't you get anything in food right - that's not a milkyway...
This is a Milky Way
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/ERCBMF/mil...background-with-open-cut-up-bar-by-ERCBMF.jpg

This is a MARS BAR
http://www.theoldtuckshop.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/mars-bar.jpg

Well, that's my point. We let it alone because it's virtually meaningless - unless and until they want something. ;) If they are asking questions about services, then it's helpful to know their location. That puts the replying members in the position of having to ask.

But.. that's like.. work...

Sigh.

Ok, fine. But you guys are still requiring the mandatory blood test right?

So the mandatory bowel prep stays but the actual colonoscopy becomes optional?
Nooooooo..................................you just don't get any anesthetic with the colonoscopy now and during the entire procedure they play.....

........to calm your nerves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back