Question about VR quality.

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got the 18-135 kit lens that came with the d80. I'm thinking of replacing it with a VR lens. When buying a VR lens under 400$ are the optics/build quality going to be better than that of my 18-135, or am I just paying for the VR at that price range?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or should I just keep the 18-135.

I've got the 18-135 kit lens that came with the d80. I'm thinking of replacing it with a VR lens. When buying a VR lens under 400$ are the optics/build quality going to be better than that of my 18-135, or am I just paying for the VR at that price range?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or should I just keep the 18-135.

The VR for Nikon is $50 added to whatever lens it is on, does not affect the quality of the glass

I can't comment on other lenses, but I have the 18-200mm VR lens for my D80 and I love it. I don't see any negative quality issues. I tend to have shaky hands to start with, not to mention I'm a coffee addict....so VR was essential for me!! Here's a link that a guy had posted when I was researching the lens I bought. It's not the same lens you're looking at, but it may help.

http://www.digitaldingus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3033

Photozone.de review here.

I only read the verdict at the end and...
All-in-all it's a nice package but on APS-C DSLR the focal length range isn't all that great anymore and most users shopping for a new lens will probably prefer to have a look at the new AF-S 18-200mm VR.

Most reactions

Back