Question: Copyrights & Websites

ShavedMonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am always very careful about having copyright symbols all over my work....I guess I'm just paranoid like that. However, I don't want my website to be overdone with copyright info. So I suppose my question is, instead of having, lets say, "©2008 KHPhotography" under each photo, could I get away with one blanket statement on the main page? Something like, "All of the images seen on blahblahblah are protected by...blahblah" You get what I mean. Anyone have any opinions? Thanks :)

I am always very careful about having copyright symbols all over my work....I guess I'm just paranoid like that. However, I don't want my website to be overdone with copyright info. So I suppose my question is, instead of having, lets say, "©2008 KHPhotography" under each photo, could I get away with one blanket statement on the main page? Something like, "All of the images seen on blahblahblah are protected by...blahblah" You get what I mean. Anyone have any opinions? Thanks :)

Under the Copyright act of 1977, when your work is published, you have a copyright on it. Copyright notices are simply to put the public on notice that your works are protected by copyright. The question becomes, if someone steals your images, what are you going to do about it? Are you in a position to sue or even send a cease and desist letter?

You need to decide what the purpose of your copyright notice is. If you just want to put everyone on notice that your works are copyrighted, then one notice on the page is fine. If you want to deter someone from stealing them and using them, I'd put the copyright notice all over it.

Most reactions

Back