Question for the British people!

Archangel said:
ok, we dont all eat this food in england... honestly!... damn... us british are so good at inventing things why couldn't we invent a decent dish?!... i cant even think of one now... we're still best at everything else tho :lol:

What's the old joke about Canada? They had the opportunity to get Frech cuisine, British humor, and American culture...instead they ended up with French culture, American humor, and British cuisine...

Stargazy pie is pretty inventive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargazy_pie
And so is steak and Guinness pie.

The French will eat anything that can crawl out of a bucket - and make wine from anything that can't.
The British will eat the bucket - but only if it's deep fried in batter.
The Scots throw the bucket away and cook what's left inside a sheep's bladder.
The Americans do all of that and serve it in a bun.

:lol: ..... now i know why its called stargazy...again revolting... but would look very amusing... so i may order it for that purpose!

What about the haute cuisine of British culture? i.e the right royal chip butty!
Still make myself one those now and again, don't forget the salt and malt vinegar!

mrsid99 said:
What about the haute cuisine of British culture? i.e the right royal chip butty!
Pretty good with a fried egg on top too.
But you have to make it using Dockers' doorsteps.

:lol: ...... its looks like they died trying to get out of it! :confused:

ok.. it was just a simple question...lol. Too funny... you see... the reason I was suprised.... is because I am from the Southern U.S. - I think pie is a desert.. apple pie, blueberry pie, peach pie... etc. Those would be odd with fries ...erm..chips.

Your chips look better than our fries.. make them a little longer and they would be called steak fries here.

b

hot shot said:
french fries arnt the same in the uk

chips

but chips are great with anything :mrgreen:

Sure they are the same! We call yer style fries "Home Fries" here :D

"Home fries" are somthing different here: that's what we call sliced rounds of potato cooked (fried) in a frying pan.

Most reactions

Back