Question for the British people!

Archangel said:
:lol: .... oh yea pasties are one good thing... not just cuz i live down here either.... well maybe a little.

Mmm, Dewney's pasties. I went to school in Plymouth for a few years (navy kid I was) and we used to go to the shop next to Beaumont Park every lunchtime and get a hot Dewney's. Little-uns were 15 pence and big-uns were 30 (this was 1976/77), and I wasn't big enough to finish a big-un.

Thomsk

And anyway, you can keep your pie and chips, I'd rather have a nice steak and kidney pudding. Even a Fray Bentos one in a tin would do. And staying on the suet theme, I'll follow it with Spotted Dick.

Thomsk

ThomThomsk said:
I'll follow it with Spotted Dick.
I think you can get an ointment for that :lol:

I'll go with steamed sponge pudding - or bread and butter pudding.... summer pudding.... rice pudding with the skin...

ThomThomsk said:
Mmm, Dewney's pasties. I went to school in Plymouth for a few years (navy kid I was) and we used to go to the shop next to Beaumont Park every lunchtime and get a hot Dewney's. Little-uns were 15 pence and big-uns were 30 (this was 1976/77), and I wasn't big enough to finish a big-un.

Thomsk

:thumbup: ..... Ivor Dewney's are still going strong down here, a lunchtime favorite... gotta be ivor's tho those nasty ginsters things are rubbish!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back