Question for wedding/event photogs

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
I'm building a contract and stuff to start shooting weddings and events (just got my Speedlite 550EX yesterday...woohoooo!), and have a question. In the contract, do you have any disclaimer about weather for outdoor events? I'm just thinking if there's a family reunion or something I get contracted for, I'm not going to risk several thousands of dollars worth of equipment taking it out in the rain. Or is that being too picky??

My contract says that short of dangerous weather (lightning, tornadoes), I'm willing to keep working or reschedule. My equipment is pretty weatherproof, so I don't really worry about that. I just keep a big lens hood on, and go to natural lighting. I've actually tried to encourage folks to have their portraits taken in the rain; I consider it an exciting prop. That being said, I've never had any client want to stay outside in bad weather. This spring though, I'm going to start carrying umbrellas and encourage parents to let me shoot their kids in the rain if it starts during a portrait session. I think it looks great.

The wedding contracts I've seen also have a disclaimer about equipment failure...which I think is sorta odd. If I hire a photographer and his equipment is faulty...then I'm going to be pissed. But as a photog you can bet I'd have it in my contract.

hmmm. related to this, anyone got a good example of a contract they point me to, via a link? something i can model my own contract after?

Most reactions

Back