[Question] Lens Compatibility

LawlietXIII

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just bought an used Kodak Dcs 760. This one is built based on the Nikon F5 body. Since it has been released for several years, and this is also my very first dSLR camera, I have no idea what lenses are compatible with it.

The only thing I know is that it uses Nikon F mount. Several websites stated that some lens cannot be used because they can break the IR filter.
The sensor size is kidda huge, 27.65x18.48 mm and the cellsize (pixel size) is 9 x 9 µm.

I just want to ask is there anything I need to keep in mind when purchasing lens for this camera? As I already read elsewhere, there are lens that cannot be used on big sensor. Also there are lens that do not allow AF on some certain camera.

Thank you very much!

Indeed the DSC 760 has it's low pass filter mounted in front of the mirror rather than on the sensor. That said nearly all Nikkor lenses will work with the camera. I would take care with a few obscure ones such as the Nikkor 50mm and 55mm f/1.2 which extends quite deep into the camera body, and some fisheyes are probably not such a good idea.

If you can find the manual it should have a table of compatible lenses, however some of the more exotic ones can still be used if the IR cut filter is removed and a IR cut filter is placed on the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back