question on Canon I am about to Buy!

Stine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been reading a few threads and I have a questions about a place I want to by my camera. I found it on ebay and it seems like a good deal... but who really knows. I don't want to get screwed. It with a DigitalCORP through ebay and its a whole kit for 1000...comes with three lenses, flash, tripods, cleaning kit, bags... and some other accessories. Has anyone worked with DigitalCORP through ebay before?

Hmm, what camera is it exactly? If it's a rebel or anything better than that, than it may sound a bit too good to be true. The camera itself will be "real" and operating, but the three lenses will probably not be the best, the flash probably isn't that good either. I'm no expert, but all of the things you mentioned for $1000 may not be as good as you think. The quality of the items you buy probably won't be that good, except for the camera. Just be carefull, and double check everything in the package.

Its a Canon EOS Rebel XTi . The three lenses are canon 29-90mm lens, canon 90-300mm lens, high resolution wide angle lens, three pro filders, and "pro seired attacheable flash.... are those decent lenses and flash?

I read the reviews of the company and they were pretty good I think...added question are the wide angle lenses worth wanting to get... what mm is good?

I know a guy who got the same type of kit. It wasn't that great...the camera is real and working, but the lenses are pretty bottom of the barrel in terms of quality...the flash is the cheapest thing you could find for a camera, the filters are 3.50 a piece type filters....etc etc.

A lot of the times you won't get a warranty in your own country because it's imported from somewhere else.

I'd say just go to bhphotovideo.com and order teh XTI body and get a nice lens. the 50mm 1.8 is a good starting point...then pick what you want after that...wider/longer....

Just tryin to save you the disappointment.

Like Buszaj says, it is a "package" made up for people just like you. It sounds like a lot of "stuff" so it seems attractive.

Canon doesn't make a 29-90 lens. They do have a 28-90 that sells for $50. on the street. They do not make a 90-300mm either.

I think you might be getting a lot of 'stuff' that will prove to be a waste of money very shortly.

Sideburns has it right on the head.

Well ya know that's what I was thinking I guess I just needed to hear it from someone... "something seems to good to be true... it is" I think I will go for getting the body only and then buying lenses seperatly to go with it. I appriciate it. I have been to that website Sideburns and have seem some pretty decent things on there. Thanks

ok.. another question... I have been looking for the 50mm 1.8 and also the 50mm 1.4.... it looks like some of them only fit on a film camera or the 35mm SLR.... would those fit on the Digital SLR too? that was alittle confusing to me....

Stine, have you researched Nikon? Their cameras can use lenses from 30 years ago. You still need to google for the research but Nikon has not changed their mount.

i think that as long as those lenses have the Canon EF mount, then they will fit on any Canon camera that uses that mount, which includes all of their dSLRs. I'm pretty sure. Just do your research.

Thanks guys. I'm still learning... but I sure do know alot more than a month ago. I've been doing research almost daily on getting this camera. I def want the canon... I think you might be right Buszaj.. that it might fit. I wasn't sure if the EF was the type of mount or not.... lots of letters and numbers in these titles and if you don't know what they mean its like a forgein language! :)

I wouldnt buy the ebay kit, you are not getting canon lenses, but 3rd party glass, the extra bits they throw in are not worth it. Go to BH or Adorama where you know you are getting the right stuff.

If the deal seems way too low it is. If you do not want to be a victim of a scam just go to someone reputable like B+H they have great deals go ahead and buy the USA warranty and you will be satisfied with what you get instead of worrying if you got ripped off. Oh yeah and remember if you buy from B+H use the link from this site.

yea I'm going to get my camera from B&H photo... they have been closed the past two weeks for some holiday but I think they are open tomorrow so I'm ordering the camera from there and I think I'm goin to get the lens from there too. I wanna get the 50mm 1.4. I was looking at the 50mm 1.8 but I might as well go for the 1.4.... Thanks for the advice. I like B&H they really do have the best deals from what I can see.

yea I'm going to get my camera from B&H photo... they have been closed the past two weeks for some holiday but I think they are open tomorrow so I'm ordering the camera from there and I think I'm goin to get the lens from there too. I wanna get the 50mm 1.4. I was looking at the 50mm 1.8 but I might as well go for the 1.4.... Thanks for the advice. I like B&H they really do have the best deals from what I can see.

Wow, I'm jealous. The 1.4 is really nice. 50mm is a great focal length, as well.

But yes. Anything with the EF mount will fit any EOS digital camera or film camera.

Most reactions

Back