Question on compact flash

You have to use Sandisk's labeling system.
Standard
Ultra
Ultra Plus
Ultra Plus Plus
Extreme
Extreme Plus
Extreme Pro
Extreme Plus Pro Plus Ultra
Holy Sh*t Pro
Insanity

Sadly only a few of those are made up. But yeah It's very confusing. Look at the camera's requirements and it should tell you the best MB/s card for your camera.

Thanks for the replys. I got the sandisk extreme pro 64gb and all I got to say is I am in awe at the focusing of the canon 7d mark II. But thats not much considering I am coming from a Canon 6D.

Thanks for the replys. I got the sandisk extreme pro 64gb and all I got to say is I am in awe at the focusing of the canon 7d mark II. But thats not much considering I am coming from a Canon 6D.
The memory card has nothing to do with the focusing of the lens.

Video is the most demanding of a memory card.
Page 5 of the 7D MK II user manual shows the minimum required for shooting video is
CF - 30 MB/sec
SD - 20 MB/sec

So 160 MB/sec is plenty fast enough.

How did you decide on a 64 GB card?

Yes I do realize the memory card has nothing to do with focusing. It was just an off the cuff remark after I played around with the camera. I upgraded to the 64 GB card because the price seemed ok and the extra space I thought I might need if I decided to spray and pray lol. I wanted a full frame camera so I went with the 6d and I am very happy with that until I tried to shoot some sports with it. Needless to say I had a 7d mark II ordered that same day after that attempt. So now I have hopefully the best of both worlds and two respectable camera bodies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back